Some common themes emerge when providing business protection services to our clients, as follows:
- We are usually engaged after an incident has occurred and we're in the trenches with the client to dig them out;
- Legislation or compliance has caused them to take action;
- Occasionally a client suspects that something is not right and needs help to identify and define the potential problem through causal analysis; and
- Clients want to quickly return to a normal state and minimise the impact on their operations, reputation and bottom line.
The Compliance Environment To read more about the challenges of the external environment and the internal obstacles typically encountered within an organisation, please click here.
Risk Insight International has gained expertise working in all aspect of aviation security for an Australian domestic and international airline.Risk Insight International has also provided consulting services within the sector as follows:
- Threat and risk assessments and develop security management plans;
- Developing plans for an escalation in the threat level; and movement of high value goods across the airside boundary;
- Developing tender specifications and evaluation for contracted security services;
- Audits of security plans submitted by airlines, airports and regulated cargo agents in response to Australian regulatory requirements; and
- Strategic advice concerning the development of training package for Australian regulatory agency.
In response to the International Maritime Organisation - International Ship and Port Security code, Risk Insight International has undertaken a number of maritime security briefs as follows:
- Threat and risk assessments and maritime security plans for numerous Australian ports, port facilities, port service providers and ships;
- Development and delivery of IMO-ISPS maritime security training for Middle East oil and gas company shipping fleet; and for numerous clients across Australia and New Zealand;
- Development and delivery of maritime security training and advice concerning establishment of compliance unit for maritime authority of Asian government; and
- Undertake work process mapping and design and build IT based automated processes that link the declaration process flow and data points with ‘at risk’ profiles of traders, commodities, transactions, vessels and road transport for Middle East customs organisation.
Oil & Gas
Following an amendment to Maritime Transport Security Act 2004, all off-shore facilities in Australian waters were required to develop security management plans:
- Threat and risk assessment and security plan for major oil and gas company to enable an integrated response across 18 platforms within Australian waters, including interoperability with landside processing and transfer facility; and
- Threat and risk assessment and security plan for FPSO vessel situated in northern Australian waters for global oil and gas company.
Work has been undertaken at the Federal, State & Local Government levels including:
- Threat & risk assessment and security management plan concerning the movement of high value art & antiquities into Australia;
- Development of business continuity plans and capability;
- Development of a fraud control plans;
- Building security reviews;
- Fraud & business abuse investigations; and
- Development of strategic risk management framework of action.
Risk Insight International has been involved in a number of projects within the commercial sector for a wide variety of organisations, including:
- Building security reviews – high rise multi tenanted;
- Corporate investigations;
- Fraud control;
- Risk management reviews;
- Facilities management – design and build new capability within existing organisations; and
- Liquor license variations, venue security and control reviews and policy development.